Wednesday, September 14, 2011

New York Fashion Week S/S 2012. Day 6.






Michael Angel's spring collection is filled with beautiful copper tones inspired by ancient Egypt. The pleating work is exceptional on a 1920 painting of Cleopatra's face. The sandals looked good with every look and I thought were very essential and no other shoe was needed. YOu could visualize what you need to see with heels without them. The clothes were that good, the sharp tailoring on the grey printed coat and every pair of pants. HIs clothes have such a cool-elegance.





Karen Walker's spring collection has me reconsidering black as my favorite colour. Navy is obviously the new black. But prints were everywhere as well, florals, polka dots against stripes and houndstooth on  boyfriend blazers, dresses and shorts. I especially like the romper and turbans, I have a lot of time for turbans. It was just the tomboy effect by every look that got me super excited, there were so many pieces we can all have fun with.





Olivier Theyskens' collection Theyskens' Theory made me soil myself. It was absolutely brilliant everything about it screamed NewYork. From the combat boots with evening gowns to the jumpsuits and the denim. The denim, oh the denim, Theyskens had the nerve to have em high waisted and drop crotch at the same time, brilliance. And when they were slim down the leg, some times they would have that subtle slit at the inner ankle. Event the styling of the girl was great, so effortless and with such ease. I want every piece in this collection.-your Dealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment