Friday, May 20, 2011

Current Music obsession: Selah Sue.





















So the other day my best friend (who's now living in England) and I got together for our usual Skype session. Her hello was "So I peed on someone today, how was your day? I have an artist you're gonna fall in love with." And boy did I, after listening to Selah Sue's Raggamuffin I wanted to know more. What she looked liked, where she's from, and every other song she has ever done I wanted in my iTunes library. Her distressed cotton candy-esque hair, thin frame and doll like features surprised me. I didn't expect that voice to come out of someone that looks like that. But the 21 year old Belgian singer already had me hooked with her emotional lyrics and voice. She has performed with Cee-Loo and was the supporting act for Prince's tour. Hit producers from LA made her some offers. But the highly independent artist that she is decided it wasn't her thing. She ended up choosing a small french record company to record her debut album, Selah Sue. Check out two of her songs below.-your Dealer.

No comments:

Post a Comment